Happy father’s Day to all the dads out there from everyone here at Top Catch Charters. We hope you all have a great day and congratulations to Royce Beale, the winner of our fathers day-dad’s best catch competition, we will see you Today.
To help spoil your dad this Father’s Day, if you haven’t already purchased him a top catch gift voucher, we thought we would share a recipe that my dad loves, a cooked meal that is a little bit special to help put a big smile on his face. This meal is incredibly quick, easy to do and the results are amazing. We found pearl perch to be the perfect fish to use but any firm white fish fillet will do the trick
Glazed grilled fish fillets
You will need-
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fruit chutney
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 firm-fleshed white fish fillets (eg. Pearl perch, snapper, tusk fish or even bream)
1. Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, fruit chutney, honey, coriander and garlic in a small bowl.
2. Place the fish fillets in a flat non-metallic dish and pour the oil mixture over the fish. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour
3. Preheat the grill/bbq to high and place the fish fillet on the lightly oiled grill/bbq plate. Cook the fish fillets, brushing with the remaining marinade occasionally, for 4-6 minutes each side(depending on the thickness of the fillets).
Served with a simple green salad it is a healthy and delicious lunch or maybe add a couple of garlic prawn skewers to the plate and serve it for dinner.
Note; a while ago we had a customer aboard and he was the owner of Maleny cuisine (they make chutney’s and salad dressings). He had left me some to try and they are delightful, we are hooked-pardon the pun, his apple, fig and ginger chutney works amazingly well with this dish.
So hopefully this helps you give your dad the day he deserves and you get some enjoyment out of it as well. We are sure he will love it.